Friday, September 12, 2008

NE State Open Round 1

I shot a first round 70, which is 1-under par. I walked off of the course upset because I didn't take advantage of many shots today. Hit plenty of greens and had plenty of chances to make birdies, but almost all of the putts I missed were over-read.

After missing 8 straight putts on the high side, I made a slight adjustment which lead to birdies on 16 and 17.

I guess the score could've been worse, but I'm disappointed I didn't shoot a 67 or 68 today.

One of the guys I played with made a hole-in-one today. He knocked it in on the 140 yard par-3 11th hole. The ball landed about 5 feet right of the hole, but it spun left and disappeared. I've never written a one down on a tournament scorecard - it was kind of weird checking the hole-by-hole scores after the round.

My second round tee-time is 2:40 on Saturday.

Neil

No comments: