Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dakotas Tour Bonus Money

I found out today that I will receive a much bigger than expected bonus check from the Dakotas Tour. I finished t-11th in points and I assumed that meant I would split the 11th place bonus check. That would've amounted to about $460. However, you have to play in 7 of the 8 major tournaments to be eligible for a bonus check.

Those 8 majors were:

South Dakota State Open
Aberdeen Pro-Am
Marshall Charity Pro-Am
Hillcrest Invitational Pro-Am
Arrowhead Pro-Am
Minot Western ND Pro-Am
North Dakota State Open
Dakotas Tour Championship

The only major I didn't play in was in Minot. Also, if you look at those results you'll see that I made a check in 6 of the 7 majors I played in. That explains why I made more money than some of the guys who earned more points than me. I played better in the 3 or 4 day events where more money was up for grabs and they earned points in the 1 or 2 day events where money was much smaller.

Whatever the reasoning behind my place on the points/money list, I'm excited to be receiving a bonus of $1068.75.

I have the Nebraska State Open this weekend so check back for results on Friday.

Neil

No comments: