Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dakotas Tour Championship

Shot an even par 72 in round one. I was +3 after 11 holes, but 3 birdies in the final 6 holes got me back to even. Some player shot a course record 64, so I'm way back, but at least I have two rounds to make up the ground.

I tee off at 12:10 on Thursday. Hopefully round 2 won't be as windy as it was last year.

As for today's stats:

Ballstriking: 46
Putts: 25
Penalty Strokes: 1


Here's a quick update on what my stats were in the Wisconsin State Open:
Round 1 - Ballstriking: 42 Putting: 32 Penalty Stroke: 1
Round 2 - Ballstriking: 43 Putting: 30
Round 3 - Ballstriking: 45 Putting: 27 Penalty Stroke: 1
Round 4 - Ballstriking: 41 Putting: 29

Looking at those stats you can tell I struggled hitting the ball during the week and the only thing keeping me in the tournament was my short game (chipping and putting). Odd thing about those stats is I feel like until the last nines holes I putted horrible and I really didn't think I putted well during the third round. I guess chipping it inside of 3 feet saved me more than good putting saved me.

Neil

No comments: