Saturday, July 14, 2007

On The Road In Vermillion, SD

Two rounds are completed in the South Dakota State Open and I purposely waited to update the blog until after a good round. Round one was a dissapointing 76 and it felt very reminiscent to last summer.

Thankfully my game is in a totally different place this year and I was able to rebound with a solid 68 in round two. The highlight of the round came on my 5th hole (#14) where I drove the ball into the greenside bunker and then holed the second shot for an eagle.



That picture is layout of the course and I bet the first thing you notice is all the water. Very little of that actually comes into play and most of those small ponds are dry. The toughest part of this course are the greens. Every green has a severe slope along with many tiers. In fact, putting was the only thing that kept me from shooting lower than a 68.

Sunday is the final round and I'll try and post Sunday night or Monday morning.

Neil

No comments: