Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Good, The Sad, & The Depressing

The Good:

Shot -7 on the weekend (68-69). Ballstriking was outstanding and I had several eagle putts and hit 30 of the 36 greens in the last two rounds. It felt good to rebound in the 2nd and 3rd round after a poor first round.

The Sad:

My putting. I don't say sad, meaning my putting brought me to tears, but rather meaning that my putting was very dreadful. While shooting 7 under for the last 36 holes, I had 65 putts. Only 5 times during the whole tournament did I one-putt for a birdie/eagle. I had 4 two-putt birdies, which tells you I was hitting the ball good enough to go really low.

The Depressing:

Check-out time at Hotel - 10am. Final round tee-time - 1:50. That left three hours to waste in Vermillion, SD. I had no book to read, and I didn't feel like going to the course to sit in the clubhouse. Instead I snuck onto the University of South Dakota's campus and tried to find a piano that I could play. It wasn't until I drove to the North side of campus that I found the Music Building. It was open, but only because they had a music camp going on, so every practice room was filled with young kids practicing. No room for me. From there I went to Burger King and ate lunch alone. I should have just gone to the golf course and had a sandwich there and found a way to waste time there. I also will remember to bring a book so I can sit in the clubhouse with something to pass the time.



This weekend I have a two day shootout in Waterloo, IA. Lots of info on the tournament can be found here. From there, I'll be in Marshall, MN for three days.

South Dakota Open Results: I shot 213
Sioux Falls Pro-Am Results: I shot 73

One more thing. I played with Brian Geraty on Sunday and he has a website of his own. Feel free to check it out.

Neil

No comments: