Thursday, December 12, 2013

Web.com Tour Q-School Final Stage

Today is the first round of the Web.com Tour Q-School final stage.  It's a 6 round tournament that will end on Tuesday with 45 guys receiving a fully exempt status to begin the 2014 tournament schedule.  Results, info, stories can be found here.

I'm really looking forward to the week of golf.  I've already had a good week of golf in Palm Springs.  I've played a bunch of practice rounds on both of the tournament courses.  The tournament consists of 3 rounds on each of the two courses - the Nicklaus Tournament Course and the TPC Stadium Course.  They're both great courses, but the Stadium course should play much tougher than the Nicklaus course.

I've always loved Nicklaus courses and I have some really good memories on such designs (winning WI State Match Play and all 6 courses at Desert Mt.).  The Stadium course is a Pete Dye design, which means crazy bunkers, railroad ties, and water hazards.  I also have great memories from Dye designs ('11 WI State Open'09 WI State Open), which is a good feeling.

TPC Stadium Course #17 island green (very similar to #17 at TPC Sawgrass)

I will tee of at 9:20 local time on Thursday (PST) and I think there will be some kind of live scoring.  I think each group will have a walking scorer so those of you sitting at work can enjoy updates all day long!

Neil

No comments: