Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Anthem G&CC Round 2

I played better today and the score reflected that. An early eagle (#3) got my round off to a quick start. The eagle was a complete surprise. I had 270 to the pin on my second shot and hit a hybrid, only hoping to end up short and right of the green. My shot rolled onto the front part of the green and I made a 60 foot putt for eagle. After that serendipitous eagle, I failed to make a 5 foot birdie putt on #4 and hit my drive into a hazard on #8. I missed a simple 8 foot birdie putt on #10, but hit a 4-iron to 5 feet on #11, and made the putt for my 2nd eagle of the day.

I finished with a 2-under 70 and made the cut on the number. I felt lucky that the cut stayed at 1-under. Throughout the round, I had a feeling the cut would go to 2-under and when I missed a 10 foot birdie putt on #17 and then parred #18, I left the course believing I had missed the cut by one shot.

Final round is Thursday morning. I tee off at 8:40 MST.

Leaderboard

Neil

No comments: