Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shootout at Palmetto Hall Round 1

Today was very interesting. At times I played like it was the 1st tournament of the year. Other times, I played like it was the middle of summer.

My putting was good all day. After starting my day with a 7, I made a great 15 footer for par on #2. I made a 30 footer on #11 for birdie - a putt that went up over a slope and curled into the side of the hole. Then on #14 I made another sliding putt, this time downhill, from 20 feet for another birdie. On #18, the only thing I did right was two-putt from 50 feet, which was across a slope and then down a big tier (not a fun two-putt after having hit 2 balls into the water).

Unfortunately my few mistakes were huge ones. I had two triple bogies and that will destroy any round. The only thing that kept it from being disastrous was making 6 birdies.

Round 2 is Thursday afternoon on a different course.

Leaderboard

No comments: