Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Winter Series #3 - 2nd Round

I guess I'm still on the roller coaster. My 2nd round had a terrible finish - a 40 on the back nine. I was playing well through 12 holes. I was 1-under par, but I had already missed three 5-foot birdie putts.

On #4, I made a bad club selection - tried hitting an easy 5-iron instead of a hard 6 - and made a bogey. On #5, I chunked a chip and three putted from 18 feet. On #6 I again made a bad club selection -easy 7 instead of hitting a full 8 - and I three putted for my third straight bogey. So three straight holes I make a bogey with two bad club selections, two three putts, and just a whole mess of mental errors.

I made yet another costly error on #8. After a simple birdie on #7, I rushed my tee-shot and hit it in the desert. I then chunked another chip and made my third 6 of the day. Any day with three 6s on the card, you're in trouble.

The only good thing about my bad finish is that all of the mistakes were simple mental errors. *If we play tomorrow, I hope to be much more focused - and this time for all 18 holes.

* I say if because we're supposed to get some bad weather. The past two nights we've have a lot of rain and Thursday it's supposed to rain all day - thunderstorms possible too.

Leaderboard

Neil

No comments: