Thursday, October 29, 2009

PGA Q-School - 1st Stage, 3rd Round

I had a bad start today and the round almost got away from me. I bogied the first two holes. On #1, I drove it into a fairway bunker, found a horrible lie and couldn't advance it more than 100 yards. On #2, I missed the fairway and three putted for bogey. On #4, I missed the fairway and had to hit it over a tree - but couldn't reach the green. I chunked my chip, but managed to make the 15 foot putt for par. On #5, I missed the fairway into another fairway bunker and it stopped within a yard of the front lip. I barely carried the lip, managed to stay under the pine tree that was in my way, and get on the green. I two putted for par.

So after 5 holes, I was lucky to be 2 over-par. I could've been 4. I birdied 6 and 8, but finished the front nine with a bogey on 9. On the back nine I only missed one green and had several good chances at birdies. I birdied both par 5's on the back nine, but I was glad to finish with a second straight 71.

Odd fact for the week: Ian Hessels, who I played with this summer on the Dakotas Tour, is here and I played practice rounds with him - but every round he's been in the group behind me.

Neil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw that you advanced Neil - congrats!!! Keep up the good work!

Jerry Rossi